click here for: AHEAD Study Information Sheet PDF
click here for: AHEAD Study FAQs PDF
PNASC is excited to be collaborating with UCI MIND Ahead clinical research. The clinical research is regarding Alzheimer’s and its prevention. PNASC’s Education, Research, and Practice Committee is leading this collaboration. We are tasked with three (3) AIMS to be completed by February 2023:
- AIM 1 – Identify 20 key stakeholders (i.e. active and retired nurses, community nurse leaders) who are willing to participate in interview sessions.
- AIM 2 – Organize and coordinate at least 7 community presentations (i.e. CEU offerings, webinar, ZOOM, Facebook Live, YouTube, in-person) to nurses, organizational members, community networks, and other targeted community outreach activities.
- Educate on Alzheimer’s disease and pathology
- Discuss the impact of Alzheimer’s disease on individuals, familiotees and communities
- Examine strategies how can you reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Review current treatments and medications for Alzheimer’s disease
- Educate on clinical trial research and the AHEAD Study
- AIM 3 – Prepare/collect pre-post metrics at each community presentation from attendees. Facilitate scheduling of AHEAD 3/45 screens by attendees when possible.
Education, Research, and Practice Committee
Dr. Sasha Rarang, Chair
Dr. Emma Cuenca, Adviser
Dorianne Tilano, Education co-chair
Dr. Janette Moreno and Bernard Ricommini, Education members
Antonette Nunez, Research co-chair
Dr. Eunice Atienza, Dr. Melanie Tallakson and Dr. Gail Jones, Education members
Dr. Velma Yep, Practice co-chair
Marlon Carpio, Practice member